Monday, December 11, 2006

My Daily Devotion I written

.Today at Sunday December 10,2006 I got to read the Devotion in front of the Sunday School Classess. That was so wonderful. I haven't read in front of so many people since my Baptism on January 1, 2006 at Calvary Baptist Church Washington DC

I can't find any good picture of me on flickr of my. So I used this picture. I like it..

Sunday, December 10
Isaiah 40:3-5

I have learned about history through the big screen. Even things that have happened over 2000 years ago we are able to see acted out in drama on television as if we were there, like the coming of the Messiah. But Jesus was not just born 2000 years ago—he is being born in us every day… one person at a time. In this way, we see him coming: we experience an epiphany and find something in each of our own lives to reveal the truth that is in him.
It happens all around us. The years pass and we see things come and go. Government changes. We all cry in some way, and then ask why. We see a picture of pain. Then, we find the way to church, learning the words of Jesus and seeing the glory of the Lord. How will less be more? All who are exalted will be humbled, for there is no name above that of our Father.
To know the word of the Lord is to know God. When we experience troubles in our lives, we know that God is with us and will help make the muddy water clear. We are not our own masters. Rather, we are servants of his called to bear our own crosses.
When we see our Lord Jesus, we may be saved by his love and grace. But for many, salvation is only a step away because Jesus will take two steps for each of us.

Lord Jesus, help us to remember your promise, that you are the Light, you are the Bread of Life, you overcame the world, and you wipe every tear away. Remind us that your will is above our own, that the greatest commandment is to love you and to love one another.

Will Short.

I also what to thank Pastor Edger for asking me to read in front of the classess. And also I what to thank Pastor Amy Butler for being a very good person an a support to me.

December 17 coming up and the Calvary is going to sing 5 Handel Messiah for Christmas.


Thank you'll very much to take time to read this
Your Friend
Will

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home